As the Italians say… :)
I’ve been MIA from the blogging sphere for the past couple weeks while touring through a small bit of Europe: Barcelona, Spain -> Florence, Italy -> Rome. The trip was incredible; I ate a ton of (insanely delicious) food, drank all the vino, and learned so much about the incredible places we visited! Though I am glad to be back home (there’s nothing quite like sleeping in your own cozy bed again!), I do already miss the vibrancy of the old cities we had the fortune to visit.
More photos and a recap of our city visits to come, but for now a few of my recent favorites from around the web and beyond:
- These HTML beer glasses from Uncommon Goods. I got a set for my boyfriend for his birthday a few months ago, and they make me smile every time I use them. Plus, beer. #nerdalert
- As I was rounding up the link for the beer glasses, I came across this adorable penguin pillow (penguins are my favorite animal). Want.
- These candied pecans from Ali’s blog Gimme Some Oven look incredible. I had candied pecans in an autumn pear wrap recently, and I’ve been craving more ever since!
- Sangria was the drink of choice while we were in Spain, and when I saw this honey cinnamon apple cider version after getting back home, I knew I had to try it. Whipped up a pitcher of it yesterday and polished it off with a girlfriend last night. So. Good.
- This burrata from Trader Joe’s. Burrata is a mozzarella cheese filled with cream, which we ate like crack while we were in Florence. Pile it on a baguette slice, drizzle in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt (the wine in the background is of course a key element as well!). This was the number one item on my shopping list for my first post-vacation TJ’s run.
- Keeping with the cheese theme, my European adventure has inspired some food-related adventures I’d like to try. One of them is to make my own mozzarella. I’ve made ricotta before at home, and this looks like a pretty similar process. Also on my agenda are homemade noodles!
- Avocado toast. Loving avocados in anything/everything lately, and this has been one of my favorite ways to eat them lately (usually as an easy breakfast). Avocados are sliced, drizzled in olive oil, and sprinkled with salt. Divine!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!